Sunday, February 16, 2014

Crusader Kings 2: Time to restore the proper monarch to the throne (And that means me)

1174
Ok, I've had enough of other people ruining my kingdom.  (And it is mine, btw.)  The current king of Scotland and Ireland has greatly depleted his forces.  The time to strike is now.  I've conspired with the other Dukes of Ireland, who don't like bowing to a foreign king, to join my rebellion.  I've also hired those dumb swiss mercenaries again, this time with enough money in the bank.  Onwards to war...

1178
That didn't take too long.  The throne of Ireland is mine, once again!

1180
Now that we've taken back the throne from the foreigners, though, the Dukes are restless.  However, I've been saving up quite a bit of money, and I'm able to put down the rebellion with the help of some mercs.

1181
The rebellious duchess is in the dungeon!  I'll take the title Duke of Munster from you, thank you very much.

1183
I've married my son and heir Giselbert to a Princess of England, Leofrun. Should be handy for the sake of alliances.

1185
Giselbert has a daughter. Hopefully he'll have a son, too...

1188
Well, that didn't take too long. He named him after himself, how tasteful.

A crusade has begun!  Well, let's see if I can lend a hand this time...

1190
Well, I died in battle.  Sigh...

At least this time, I only had one heir.  Finally, I can get away from the succession nonsense!  Long live king Giselbert!

Ah geez, my wife is pregnant again, hopefully it's a daughter this time...

1191
Nope, it's a son.  Crap.  Time to practice celibacy.

Outside of the Knights Templar, I'm the biggest contributor to the crusades!

1195
Too bad no one else is helping, and the crusade is lost....

1197
Ok, I've got this great plot.  I'll betroth my son to an heir of Scotland, and put her on the throne.  Then their children will inherit both Ireland and Scotland!  The war is on!

Oh crap, her liege changed and the new one doesn't want her to marry my son! D:

Oh crap, I've died in battle D: D: D:

Not only that, I've got 3 sons now!  I didn't have enough time to make them bishop of some place or other, or marry them into other families, so now my heir is about 9 years old and has hardly any land under his direct control.  Ugh.  Long live King Giselbert the Second!  Hopefully.

1198
I've put that lady on the throne, but it's not helpful at this point.  Ugh.  What a disaster.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment