Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Crusader Kings II: King of Things

One good thing that comes out of the execution of Elionora is the end of rivals to the throne.  Another rebellion by the last remaining brother of the king is quickly put down, and that brother will spend the rest of king Domnall's reign in a jail cell.

1152
Duke Toirrdelbach is in jail for his betrayal to the crown.

1154
I marry my daughter Sofie to the Emperor of the Byzantine Empire.  Should be a handy alliance, although the empire is rather trashed right now...

My daughter in law, the Count of Ossory, passes away.  Her toddler daughter inherits the title, maybe I can convince her to join my kingdom...

The pope decides that even though I've been taking out my family members left and right, he'll offer me forgiveness for my sins.  Just have to spend a pile of money.  Sounds like a good deal.

1155
The baby countess of Ossory has joined the Irish kingdom.  Finally on the track for expansion...

The remaining pieces of Ireland belong to the Petty Kingdom of Munster, and the County of Leinster.  One of my council members has a claim on Munster, so it looks like I can claim the whole region for him at once, rather than taking it over piece by piece.

However, during the war, King  Domnall is badly maimed.  This will shorten his life for sure....

1157
My mother Queen Judith of Aquitaine has died, and I've inherited the kingdom!  Aquitaine is a huge part of France.  Of course, there are a bunch of squabbling nobles who hate my guts...

I'm taking on Leinster, now, and proven my mettle in battle!  Despite being a maimed cripple.  Somehow.

1158
My mother's nobles have demanded independence!  So what if I've never been to Aquitaine?  All your base are belong to us, dammit.  My armies are not really strong enough to take them on, but luckily for me I've got that alliance with the Byzantine Empire, and my wife is a princess of the Holy Roman Empire, so there's that.  The army that crushed the rebellion I had earlier is now saving my butt.  Weird.

I've been trying to assassinate a vassal bishop who is loyal to another lord, and the chance is at hand!  I've got a huge pile of manure underneath an inn he frequents, and he'll soon be sent sky high in a giant explosion!

Or not.  He discovered the trap.  How could you possibly find a giant pile of stinking manure?  Oh wait...

1160
King Domnall dies of his wounds!  Well, while he was doing pretty well, he was still kind of a dick for executing me earlier.  He also has 3 sons, so there are going to be some more inheritance shenanigans...

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment