Monday, February 3, 2014

Crusader Kings 2, Succession and Expansion

Crusader Kings part 2

It looks like I'm still getting action as the king, this time with my nephew's wife... Man, what is so attractive about this guy?


Marrying more of my relatives off, why not?  Have to build up a strong dynasty... Maybe his wife will make him less depressed

1098
More bastard children by my own relative's wives... geez, old man... no shame...

1099
A plague! gross!

I gave one of my nephews an earldom, this time he's actually under me!

1101
Someone is trying to take my land, but I manage to assassinate his chancellor before he can make a claim to it.

1103
My daughter is set to marry the king of Scotland! Hope you like your cynical craven husband >,>;  At least he's King.  And also around the same age.

1111
Ah well I finally croaked.  King Domnall of the Petty Kingdom of Ulster is no more!  Long live his son, King Faelan! On to the next generation!

1112
More daughters... runs in the family?
Oh crap, my poor wife, Princess Astrid of Sweden died of pneumonia! T.T

Time to find a new wife: Princess Judith of Aquitaine!

Oh we've got a son already!  That was fast!  Finnsnochtac!  Just rolls of the tongue...

1114
Alright, time to expand the petty kingdom!  The county of Breifne is mine!

1115
No need to stop there! On to the petty Kingdom of Connacht!  I'm kicking some ass in battle, too!
Wasn't able to add it to my kingdom... yet...

1117
I've been wounded! Those never get infected, right?  Middle age medicine is so advanced.

1120
Oh geez, once again, the king can't keep it in his pants... Lady Sioban is falling for his advances...

1129
Some Scottish Duke Brice of the Isles was trying to claim my counties, but I've crushed him in battle and thrown him in jail! What a wuss!

1130
Hey, I've got a grand daughter!  I guess people lived longer back then than I give them credit for.  Eilionora has a much better name than her dad...

1131
Creating a new duchy, the Duchy of Tara!  So close to claiming all of Ireland as my own...

1132
Finally scraped enough money together to become King of Ireland!  Still some counties outside of my control, but I'm sure that can be fixed...

However, the stress of the job is getting to me... Got to hold it together...

I've increased the authority of the crown.  Now even vassals that hate me have to give me some of their troops.

I've fallen ill... not going so well, here...

1133
Luckily, the illness has passed.  That could have turned out badly... I'm helping my Scottish allies fend of the Norwegians.

Got another grand daughter, Cacht!

1135
Oh darn it... I've died of stress on the job!  And I've unfortunately become a little bit too prodigious, I have way too many sons! 3 brothers have inherited large portions of the realm... This can't end well...

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment